Saturday, May 22, 2010

just a few highlights


Today, I am thankful for Starbucks, country music, Google, pearls, my sister, and Jesus... not in that order.

Starbucks... I think I've been LIVING on it yesterday and today! I drove back and forth by myself to a wedding 3 hours away all in 24-hours time. The words "extra coffee caramel frappucino" became music my ears. When you've got a lot of driving to do, Starbucks is your friend. Of course, I will now have to lower my quota for the next week in order to make up for my excess in the past 2 days. =)

Country music... Well, one of my favorite moments had to be singing a Brad Paisley song at a small-town Karaoke night last night. I wasn't so good... But then my sister and I rocked out to Big & Rich today... very fun. And Big & Rich also accompanied me on my long drive home. Their music is just so FUN.

Google... where would I be without Google maps? Never failed me once...

Pearls... it continues to amaze me what pearls can do for any outfit. I just love them.

My sister... We now have the memory of staying at a very "special" small town inn together. Weird inn, karoake, Raven & Angelique, Starbucks, Big & Rich, razor, dancing... only she will appreciate these things as much as me!

Jesus... I love that He can "take" me, all of me. I sort of had a yelling session--told Him everything I was thinking sort of LOUDLY--while I was driving tonight. It's weird for me to admit that... but I'm reading through the Psalms now and realizing that He's heard lots of yelling before He heard it from me. And the crazy thing is that it doesn't seem to bother Him. And I'm learning to conclude, as so many of the Psalmists concluded, "I trust in Your unfailing love..." I have NO idea where my life would be without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment