Saturday, May 29, 2010

Brennan Manning marathon

I made a deal with myself when I finished last semester that this summer, I would read as many Brennan Manning books as I could. Well... I finished my first one tonight! Actually, I'm pretty sure that the book I just finished is his most recent one-- patched together: a story of my story. Man, he offers such an amazing perspective on who God really IS. I found myself sitting here in wonder, thinking, 'I want to know God that way...' But isn't Brennan Manning like 85 or something? Maybe I still have some time. =) And when I remember and reflect... wow, I'm grateful for the sliver of God that I have seen in my small 28 years. I can't even imagine all that is to come.

Anyway, he ended this book with a challenge that is just... beautiful.

Go back and live out your name; live like the beloved of Abba. Some may ask you, but most others will simply observe the way you live. Some will call you crazy, some may even try to silence your voice, but some will stop and wonder. Your courage in living as Abba's beloved can give others strength to do the same. For in the end only one thing remains--Abba's love. Define yourself as one beloved by God.

I suppose that is the whole point right there. Wow...

Now, on to the next one!

PS--I remember one of my professors from college telling me, "You become what you read." Wow, I sure hope that's true... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment