Thursday, May 13, 2010

I saw God today...

Without my intending it to be, I think this blog is starting to become a place for me to write about the ways in which God unexpectedly shows up in every day life. I think it's SO important for me to remember these things because when I have a bad day (or two or three), I so easily forget... Life starts to become all about me, and I forget the kindness of the Lord.

And you know what? I guess part of being human is that we are always on the verge of that happening. We don't get our way, and we're READY, just ready, to throw the grown-up version of a temper tantrum. Well, I can only speak for myself, but... Anyway, this is why I love to write about the ways that the grace of God just shows up in my life.

So, today...

a co-worker walks in to my office with two little red daisies in a green pot just for me! She didn't even know that red daisies are among my very favorites... she just told me that they reminded her of me. So kind of her...

I go outside for a few minutes to sit by the duck pond and take in the beauty of the day, and I'm sitting on the bench when two mallard ducks waddle up to keep me company. I'm not usually a fan of ducks, but these two were different. Then, a Canadian goose comes up to join them, and I REALLY don't like Canadian geese. I guess the Oriole in the tree knew that, because as soon as the goose approached me and the ducks, the Oriole sprang off the tree and flew straight into the goose's head, scaring him away! No lie. The Oriole rescued me from the goose, and then, he returned to his tree branch and sang away.

And then, it was so funny. George Strait's song "I Saw God Today" pops into my head. And I'm like, "God, are You in the Oriole?" Maybe He was... maybe He wasn't. I don't know... all I know is that I want to see Him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment