Friday, March 25, 2011

a star fetish

I have a friend at school who has a dinosaur fetish. I find it hilarious. We're studying Christian counseling, and we're totally in it up to our eyebrows... but there's been several times lately when we've been on a break from class and I've overheard him talking about dinosaurs! It always cracks me up. It got me thinking about my own fetishes... short list and long list!  One such fetish is stars.  I love to stare at a night sky and search out all of the constellations. It's amazing to me that there's millions of them and that they're all placed so perfectly.

He brings out the starry host one by one and calls them each by name. Because of His great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. ~Isaiah 40. Our God is pretty incredible.

Well, it's been a long week... so tonight I really want to give in to my star fetish...

the Big Dipper

the Great Bear (I just learned that the Big Dipper is actually a part of the Great Bear!)

Orion and his belt (one of my favorites)

Cassiopeia

Andromeda (supposed to resemble a dead guy, i think!)

Sagittarius (i'm pretty sure he's the archer)

No comments:

Post a Comment