Friday, March 4, 2011

hop on a plane

I spent some good time tonight with a friend who always encourages me to live freely out of my heart. So I was driving home and thinking, "where exactly IS my heart right now?" And I realized that my heart is really somewhere in the air... somewhere on an airplane traveling to a faraway place. I have a hankering for some exploring. I want to close my eyes and open them again and find myself somewhere new.

But tonight... really, I am sitting smack in the middle of my bed, smack in the middle of my room. No airplane, no new place... not tonight.

So I decided to take a little trip down memory lane...
























I think I enjoyed that trip almost as much. =) Although... a real airplane would be REALLY great!!

...but now I must tell myself to go to sleep. It is almost 1:00am and all I want to do is look at my pictures. And I wonder... will heaven be the kind of place in which all beautiful places come together at once, and I can BE THERE fully and take it all in? No pictures, no sleep. I think so. I think I'll love it. =)

3 comments:

  1. Knowing that I got to be there when some of those were taken made me smile!

    And, when you're really ready for an adventure, I'll have your bed all made up (and I PROMISE, scorpion free!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. beth, these pictures are beautiful.. i love them. miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, Deb, about half of them were taken with you! i love that too =)

    Shannon, you really need to consider coming to Germany this summer. =) love you too.

    ReplyDelete