Sunday, July 3, 2011

this is my story, this is my song

One of the things that Jesus laid on my heart as I was preparing for this trip was that I need to take some time to write my story... write it all out, get it all on paper.  Why?... I'm not really sure.  I just know that I think I heard His whisper and I think that's what He said... and I think I'd like to do it.  I haven't started yet, but I hope I will... soon.

This afternoon, I was sitting out on my balcony... clear blue sky, sun shining, light breeze, the hills standing out there as clear and strong as ever... pretty much a perfect day.  And I stumbled on these verses almost by accident.

"Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk; I took them up by their arms,
        but they did not know that I had healed them.
  I led them with cords of kindness, with the bands of love,
  and I became to them as one who eases the yoke on their jaws,
        and I bent down to them and fed them."
                        ~Hosea 11:3-4


I almost shouted out loud-- that's it!  that's my story!!  that's what Jesus did for me!  So I think I'll start right there...

2 comments:

  1. ooo...pretty new picture. so free and deep :). and i love this verse for you. cords of kindness, bands of love, ease the yoke. so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Good post! I really like the passage! Hope all is going well over there! We miss you here! Have a blast! Not everyone can just pack up and go to Germany.... jealous....

    ReplyDelete