Friday, September 3, 2010

it just gets better and better...

Whoever reads this... well, I should probably warn you that you might be barraged by Brennan Manning quotes in the next few days! I'm finishing up the last few chapters of The Importance of Being Foolish, and it's just SO GOOD. I've got to share... I can't help myself.

"To be a child of the Father, like Jesus, is really to delight in this relationship and to fully embrace this identity. It is to enjoy thoroughly and take great pride in finding myself so situated. It is to sense the extraordinary privilege that is mine through no merit of my own. It is to appreciate in a very human sense the dignity of the title bestowed on me and to walk with my head held high. It is to have the aristocratic bearing of one born to royalty. It is to envy no man anything, for my privileged position transcends all comparisons, eclipses all worldly honors and titles, and fills my cup with a joy beyond all telling.

"What is my Father like? One day He grew so apprehensive that I might fail to understand how loving and wise, gentle and powerful He is, that He sent me a complete and perfect expression of Himself in His Son Jesus. Everything my Father has, He entrusted to Jesus so that in looking at Jesus, I can see and know my Father. Let me tell you the most beautiful and thrilling thing He ever said to me I wake up to it each morning and lay there sleepy, dazed, and happy because I always hear it as for the first time. 'As the Father has loved me, so do I love you.'"

THIS is the truth that makes me free...

No comments:

Post a Comment