Wednesday, September 8, 2010

and then He shows up!

I was complaining today. I took a small walk at lunch time and complained to God for a little while. God, where are You? I kept asking Him. I don't like complaining... I'm much more comfortable being as positive as possible. BUT... the fact of the matter was that I was NOT feeling positive today. I'm learning that it's better to be honest with God... I suppose, even if that means that I have to complain!

I returned to my office after my complaining spree and was about to make my peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch (yuck, right??), when in walks one of my co-workers. "Bethany, I made soup and I have extra. Want some?" And she gave me this delicious bowl of orzo and meatball soup for lunch. To her, it was probably a very small thing. I hope this doesn't sound silly, but to me, it was HUGE... the Voice of Jesus saying, "See, daughter. I'm here. I'm with you. I'm taking care of you. Enjoy your soup."

And then, over delicious soup, my co-worker and I had an awesome moment of sharing truth... "Blessed are those who have NOT seen and yet believe," said Jesus. Yes, I think His followers continue to learn the power of those words, as we continue to follow Him. Man, sometimes it seems to kill me when I HAVEN'T seen and yet I'm called to believe... but then, there's NOTHING like returning from a complaining session to find a hot bowl of soup waiting for you... and the smile of Heaven shining down on you.

1 comment: