Wednesday, May 16, 2012

a pic a day

... this is very fun for me.

I am on an extended break... I don't remember the last time I took a break like this.  I finished my job of almost 9 years on Friday, hopped in my car, and headed due north.  I'll be up here for the next couple of weeks before I start my new job.  This is a quite a gift for me... TIME and REST.  

There's so much up here that's so wonderful.  Stuff that takes me by surprise and makes me smile.  So I would like to tell you about it, a pic a day. =)


My mom asked me today to run to the post office for her.  I grabbed my favorite little furr-ball Dooley and we drove to the post office... but then we kept driving.  It's been raining for DAYS here and it was supposed to rain even harder today.  But on that drive, the sky cleared... the sky turned blue and the sun came out for just a bit of time.  And we saw a moose on the road!  It was so fun.  Dooley barked his head off and I laughed.

At the end of the paved road is Kokadjo.  I don't think you can really call it a "town"... really, it's just 3 or 4 buildings... but it's on a lake and it's sure beautiful.  So Dooley and I parked the car and walked along the lake for a bit.  It was great.  Then, I took a picture of this sign.  

It made me grateful for the moments when the sky clears and you get to take a walk in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment