Monday, May 21, 2012

the magic hour

Come climb the hill with me
Come and be still with me
Come watch the sun sink away
If you will with me

Come watch the garden grow
Down by the gravel road
Come warm your hands in the gold
Of the afterglow

Into the peace of these wild things, 
Into the wild of this grace, 
Into the grace of this blessing, 
Speak in the peace of this place...

~Andrew Peterson


Dooley and I took a walk on the railroad tonight... and we watched the sun setting around us.  We heard something rustling in the bushes nearby... I hoped it was a moose!  But it was a strange bird with a big orange feather on his head (I've got to ask my dad about that one).  I looked up and saw the two Squaw mountains in the distance.  They are calling to me... I think I'll be climbing up there again this week.  I really can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. this maine of yours. it does seem magical. that song fits that picture just perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh. Two months and I'll be there. Very happy for you....

    ReplyDelete