Thursday, June 3, 2010

blinking toe

I went to the park tonight. I was driving home from the park when I felt this THING crawling on my toes. I don't like things crawling on me... so I looked down to see what it was. I couldn't believe what I saw--my toe was BLINKING. Seriously. For a split second, I thought my cell phone had fallen on the floor or something... because my toe was blinking the way my phone does when it has a message. I was so confused... many moments of disequilibrium followed...

Toes are not supposed to blink.
My toe has never blinked before.
What could have happened to make my toe blink?
My toe looks like a cell phone but it is not a cell phone.
Am I in heaven?
Why do I still feel a thing crawling on me?

It was actually quite humorous. When all of my crazy thoughts quieted down, I reached down to my toe... and that's when I realized what was going on. A lightning bug was stuck between two of my toes! Seriously, he was stuck, and he was just blinking away. Every time he blinked, so did my toe. I got him un-stuck and set him free, let him fly out the window.

And then I smiled really big and cracked up. What a funny thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment