Wednesday, December 7, 2011

peace

My old green sweatpants, Phillies sweatshirt, hair in a pile on the top of my head, reading students' papers, and Handel's Messiah in the background...

and out of nowhere I hear it--
unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulders... 
and His name shall be call-ed... 
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Some music is so beautiful... so beautiful that I don't know what to do with it... except listen and take it in.  It leads me to imagine heaven and all of the angels and every living creature singing around and to and for Jesus.
This is one of those songs.

Praise Jesus.  Tonight, in my room, in my end-of-the-semester exhaustion, as I mark papers... this song speaks peace to me.  For us, Jesus came and is here now as God with us.  That changes everything.

This Christmas, may peace continue to filter through our craziness and touch our hearts.  May we see Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment