Wednesday, December 29, 2010

blessed break

i've decided to dub this month the "blessed break." ha. i have 4 1/2 more days completely OFF from work and about 3 more weeks completely OFF from school. oh my word... i cannot express the joy that it brought my heart to just type those words.

life gets going so fast sometimes. towards the end of last semester, i knew that i was going TOO fast... careening too closely to complete disaster. but what can you do when such huge papers are due so very closely together? i did the only thing i could-- buckle down, try to prioritize, and get it done. but life went TOO fast... and i found myself feeling pretty out of control. sometimes there are seasons like that in life, i guess...

THIS is the season of my blessed break though. =) i found myself this week reading AW Tozer and a book about mountaineering just because i WANTED to. it was so fun. =) then, today i pulled a CS Lewis book from my shelf and drove to Starbucks... it is great.

i guess there are seasons of WORK in life. i thank Jesus that there are also seasons of REST too! just when i find myself on the verge of some form of insanity, a season of rest comes... a blessed break. ahh... i love it. i am grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment