Sunday, February 20, 2011

a blessing

I'm in the middle (well, more like the beginning!) of writing my first paper of the semester. I am incredibly distracted today and I cannot focus to save my life (or my grade on this paper!). Did I drink too much coffee today? It's quite possible. Or is there just unrest in my soul? That's more possible. My thoughts drift to this blessing. What beauty and what paradox...

May all your expectations be frustrated...
May all your plans be thwarted...
May all your desires be withered into nothingness...
That you may experience the powerlessness and poverty of a child
And sing and dance in the love of God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit.

~a blessing given to Brennan Manning from his friend, Larry Hine.

Lord, is this where You are taking us? May You take us there... to trust and sing and dance with You!

...and, if I may ask, could You somehow grace me with Your peace and calm tonight so that I can make some headway and not stay up all night? Then, I would TOTALLY sing and dance! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment